A disciple is appointed to a distinct lifestyle.
As you are found faithful in these – you are appointed to new responsibilities in the Kingdom
- APPOINTED TO FOLLOW
Matt 4:18-19 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea….Then He said…”Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- God beckons you to follow the voice of the Spirit implicitly, immediately. Decide. Step out.
- APPOINTED TO BEAR FRUIT
John 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.(NKJ)
- Cultivate 2 Pet.1:5-9 – Become Christ-like. This is what the Spirit desires for you –
- APPOINTED TO WALK LIKE HIM
Mark 3:13-15 Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:(NKJ)
- To walk like Him – you have to be with Him. Today He appoints people and gifts in the Body to equip, train and bring you into His stature by the work of the Spirit Eph.4:12; 3:1-8; I Cor.4:16.
- APPOINTED TO RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST
Eph.2:22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
God has given us the high privilege of being led as sons who know the mind of the Father by the Spirit.
- YOU ARE APPOINTED TO GREAT KINDNESS
Eph.2:7 ….set us down in highest heaven….to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus.
- God didn’t appoint us to angry rejection I Thess.5:9 but waterfalls of grace and kindness Eph.2:7
- APPOINTED TO THE BODY
Rom 12:5… so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
- Are you a believer? You are appointed to the body. Don’t resist relational ownership. I Cor.12:13
- APPOINTED TO THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION
2 Cor.5:18-20 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry and message of reconciliation……not counting people’s sins against them.
- Go from Jerusalem to Judea, Samaria to the ends of the earth. “Show and tell” the life of Jesus.
- APPOINTED FOR AFFLICTIONS
1Thes 3:2-4 ….to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith, that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this.
- Bear the scorn and opposition of the world, and the sufferings Christ – without taking offense.
- APPOINTED TO EQUIP
Eph 4:11-13 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry….2 Tim 2:2; Acts 14:23
- The appointment of faithful leaders by recognizing their calling and the fruit of their lives.
- APPOINTED TO SPHERES
2 Cor 10:13-15 We, however, will not boast beyond measure, but within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us-
- Find your present framework or sphere, count the cost and have the courage to walk in it.
- APPOINTED TO AUTHORITY
Gen.1:28 Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over…the earth.
- Authority over demons, sickness, serpents, all the power of the enemy, nations 10:1-8
- Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
- APPOINTED TO GOOD WORKS
Eph.2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Focus your gifts, opportunities, relationships and circumstances on the fulfilment of Mt.28:19
- 2 Cor.9:8 And God will cause you to abound with grace and sufficiency for every good work
- APPOINTED TO MICAH 6:8
Micah 6:8 …to act justly and to love mercy and walk humbly with your God
This is the nature of the King – and encompasses all the other points –